I had a 180° Shift in My Perspective on Ideas!
I remember a few years ago I would get a lot of ideas.
A lot of itches that I wanted to scratch.
If only I had a competent product developer
And then I found one.
We started a company!
Not to scratch my itch but to create a billion $ online platform.
Which meant we had to micro-focus.
No room to pay attention was given to these itchy ideas!
Recently after reading Mark Manson’s book and working with the coach I’ve had a perspective shift on my own creativity and on having and pursuing these ideas.
Just as the speaker was marinating in my head I had yet another product idea
An online writing pad based on the open-source platform Squill that will
- Help you write freely with all common formatting option
- Save all your past writings in one place
- Help you export them directly to popular platforms like slack, click up, and WordPress.
This could become yet another source of frustration but because of the constructive frame that I’m in right now, I got to thinking – interesting.
- Sounds like an idea that people might care about but in all likelihood nobody would except myself
- And I anyways have no developer lying around I could help me with this.
- I do have some money that I can spend on this experiment but not a whole lot of that either.
Knowing the constraints, how do I solve the problem?
And that’s when another interesting idea strikes!
One that will solve not only this projects’ problem but also the hiring tech talent issue with our existing business.
How about running an ad targeting all computer science graduates?
Are you a computer science graduate? Spent three days. Build this cool product. Get 50,000 in prize money and also a job offer if you do it right.
These students already build shitty, copy-pasted school management systems as part of their college project.
This means the students who have the capability and really want to build cool products using what they know won’t get a better opportunity than this!
To be completely honest I’m not entirely sure I’ll try this out but I definitely feel like it!