What most people think
- I’m just a beginner who has no idea
- If I do just good enough to stay in the race… that would be amazing
- Who am I kidding? I am really not good enough to be doing this
How to flip the table and be amazing instead
- How can I be the best in the world at this thing
- Within the limited time – so now I need to hack my way to being the best with the least amount of time and resources
Now the best creative efforts are applied not to compete in an established game with established rules and establish players
but to redefine and create your own rules, which position you to be the best
- I pick a bunch of brilliant, creative interns
- Explain a little bit about story-selling.
- Give them some links to understand copywriting.
- and I asked him to create a story that sells
They came up with ideas and based on the mistakes they made I came up with this article! And then I realized how I can apply the same approach to pretty much everything that I do!
They can take one of two approaches
Approach 1 – Understand the game by my rules, then come back with something mediocre or
Approach 2 – figure out the best examples of storytelling and create their own framework by which they are going to create their story. Ex – Best Indian TV Ads
The story-selling framework
- Understand the audience and their psyche
- Find an inside that relates the product and the audience in an amazing way
- Create a story that they really really connect with
- Sale or pitching on the product is secondary
I picked the original idea from the Masterclass by Goodby and Silverstein
Leave a Reply